Saturday, February 14, 2009

Social Constructionist again

I really feel like I have to comment again on the social constructionist. I really had a hard time grasping this concept but after reading all of the posts I really feel that I have a better understanding of the concept. I have to say I am intrigued by this model. I had to remember that this is a model. In, “The Drawbacks of Models” it mentions that these models are incomplete because communication is such a complex process. The other posts helped me understand how different cultures can shape how we interpret the communication. Our beliefs and values are shaped by the communication process, if you think about it begins at a very young age.

2 comments:

  1. Hi sjsueducatedfool!

    I really enjoyed reading you post about the social constructionist model. I to enjoyed reading the definition of the term and enjoyed reading more about it. To me, this was the most clear and understanding out of all the models in the chapter. I also enjoyed how you stated that this model is indeed incomplete because communication is such a complex process. I enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sjsueducatedfool! I am glad you enjoyed reading about the social constructionist model. What other concepts, other than what has already been discussed this week, do you find useful or interesting?

    ReplyDelete