Saturday, February 21, 2009

Concept of Context

I found the concept of context interesting. I would like to review this concept with my own experiences as a speaker. To address the concept of context, I have had the opportunity to speak to classrooms as well as a graduation. Not only was the audience different, the occasions differed as well as the message. When I am speaking to a classroom it is a small and contained. I can speak in a normal tone and the audience is there to gather information about the topic of the workshop. At the graduation the forum was open and outside with approximately 1500 people in attendance compared to 50 in the classroom. I had to speak through a microphone which meant I had to control my vocal tone and I knew it was being videotaped. Those in attendance at the graduation were there for a celebration so the message was that of pride, encouragement, and success.

No comments:

Post a Comment